Monday, September 12, 2005

God and Perfume


A friend of mine just sent me the interesting pic you see above. It was taken in Italy, and it captures the heart-cry of the culture much better than my words could. FYI:

Dio = God
Dior = The brand name of a popular perfume

These flyers were put up across the University of Salerno advertising an upcoming Campus Crusade event. To point out the obvious, an Italian tacked on the "r" ending. With the addition of one simple letter, the name of God was lowered to perfume. How patient is GOD!?!

9  “For my name’s sake I defer my anger,
for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you,
that I may not cut you off.
10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver;
I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it,
for how should my name be profaned?
My glory I will not give to another.

--Isaiah 48:9-11

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the most recent post on this blog. Whew!

http://madenoughtopray.blogspot.com/

11:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hahaha... my dad is now a blog-advertiser!

Thanks for another great post, Russ. It's so awesome to see your heart for the people of Italy.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that be a . . .







BLOGVERTISER???

And yes, Russ, great post as usual.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Russ..did you get the tapes? I hope they got there in one piece!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

Hmmm...a very sobering point, bud. Very, very sobering.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ,
I just put up a blog that is my weekly article. S'pose you could link it?

Here's the URL:

http://onceaweekforgod.blogspot.com/

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter